Update following latest government guidance
The Rosslyn Park HSBC National Schools 7s is following advice from government and Public Health England (PHE) and currently there is no recommendation for the cancellation or postponement of events in the United Kingdom. Hence, the tournament is currently going ahead as planned.
The tournament Medical Director, Dr Sam Barke, will continue to monitor the situation and liaise with PHE if clarification is required. We will keep attendees updated if the situation is to change.
Please see below the current measures that we ask attendees to adhere to.
Prior to attending:
You, your players and supporters should NOT attend if:
– they have been advised to self-isolate by the NHS 111 online or phone coronavirus service or a medical professional; or
– they are feeling unwell with a high temperature or a new persistent cough.
During the tournament:
There will be a wide range of measures to protect public health being implemented at the tournament. These include:
• Hand sanitiser points across the site
• Personal hygiene information posters
• Medical staff available within the site grounds to assist players and spectators with medical emergencies
• Event staff have been provided with guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19), the symptoms, preventative control and mitigation and overseas travel
We can all play our part in helping to protect ourselves and others;
• Maintain good hand hygiene, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Always carry tissues with you, cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
• Dispose of tissues in the nearest bin, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel
We appreciate that the government’s guidance on the Coronavirus is being reviewed on a daily basis therefore we will continue to monitor the situation in the run up to the event and will keep all schools advised of any changes that may need to be implemented.